Get The Homeowner’s Mold Blueprtint Here – https://re.tc/getridofmold
Free Mold Checklist – https://re.tc/checklist
How To Remove Black Mold From Wood
In this video, we provide general information on removing mold from wood. When wood becomes saturated, mold grows rapidly unless the material is dried out. Once the wood-material is dry, then the surface mold (moulds) can be removed. As long as the wooden material remains dry the mold will not reappear. The steps blow can be applied to mold growing on wooden furniture, wooden walls and framing lumber. Mold growing on particle boards or other water damaged items should be discarded.
As always, use personal protective equipment when attempting to remove mold from any surface. And always consult a physician before attempting to work around molds.
how to remove mold from inside walls
how to remove mold behind walls
removing mold from inside walls
Here are 10 easy steps to remove mold from wood, lumber, or wooden furniture:
1 Put on your gloves, mask and eye protection.
2 Open windows to allow ventilation.
3. Begin by applying the detergent to the section of the wood with
4. Begin to clean the wood using a stainless steel scrubbing pad. You
should scrub until the wood looks visibly clean.
5 After the area has been scrubbed and molds have been removed,
use a cloth or paper towel to dry the area.
6. Wipe down the wood with sanitizer like Lysol disinfectant wipes.
This helps to kill any remaining spores on the material.
7. Dry the wood again. At this stage you can apply a mold inhibitor to
8. Use a HEPA vacuum to clean the wood and the surrounding area.
9. Place a fan next to the wood and allow the area to dry for 24 hours.
This removes any excess moisture from the wood generated by the
10. After 24 hours, assess the area and repeat the process if
The mold should not resurface as long as the moisture source has been fixed.
This video is by the HappenGroup.